Are you going to a festival in the summer of 2018? Read our tips today!
If you’re lucky enough to be heading to one of this year’s fabulous festivals, we’ve got some great hints and tips for the practical side of things. The fun part of it is up to you!
- Pack for the arrival trudge – there are some obvious must-haves like a tent, sleeping bag, clothes, good shoes, earplugs etc. But keeping it streamlined will make lugging your gear that bit easier. If you forget something, you can probably buy it there. And valuables? If you don’t want to lose it, leave it at home. Read our top travel tips.
- Work at the festival to save some money! – Festivals always need staff and volunteers to keep everything running – and you get a free ticket to the festival! You can apply directly or apply to event staffing agencies for various roles like checking tickets and working at the bar. Click here for bar work.
- TAKE. YOUR. WELLIES. – the forecast may be glorious but that hot, steamy day can turn into a thundery, wet night. Wellies are worth their weight in gold when the rain hits. At least make sure they’re in the car, even if you don’t carry them all the way in.
- Remember where you parked – write it, share it, repeat it, chant it, do whatever you can to remember it! Searching for your motor in amongst 50,000 others can take a long, long time. Click here for parking.
- Camp wisely – first, find a good spot. Not at the bottom of a hill (muddy ditch alert) and not next to the loos, unless you really don’t mind festival smells and doors banging all night long. Once you’ve pitched your tent, look for a big, obvious landmark so that you can always find your way back. If you don’t fancy camping, book into a hotel!
- Always carry a torch – your little morning walk could turn into an all day adventure. Keep a torch in your bag so that you’ve always got a way to shine your path back to base.
- Pick up your litter – once the fun’s over, festival sites are strewn with all kinds of rubbish that can harm animals, big and small. For a cleaner festival and a sparkly clear conscience, pick it all up and put it in the bin.
- Have a plan to stay safe – festivals are big and busy. Try to get your bearings, carry a map and have a meeting point set up in case anyone gets lost. If you have kiddos in your group, a wristband with your details on it can be great peace of mind.
- Find your shower power – most festivals have great facilities, often with long queues. Pick a time when everyone else is asleep or busy watching the biggest bands and you might just walk right in. Our Mizu body care range is a great choice for feeling fresh again. Find out more about eco-friendly products.
- Go with the flow – with so many bands and acts to see, it’s easy to end up racing all over the place. Our festival pros recommend choosing one or two must-sees for the day, and letting the festival vibe carry you the rest of the way.
- Try something new – Lebanese food, reflexology, hat making, laughter workshops, festivals are the place to experience all things weird, wild and wonderful. You never know, you might find your new passion in life!